5 Roofing Trends You Should Consider in 2023Will you be building a new home or replacing the roof on your current home in 2023? It’s best that you embrace the fast-rising roofing trends shaking up the residential space for your home design. Whenever someone looks at your home, half of the picture they see is the roof. A pretty roof will enable your home to stay in style for years to come and boost your property’s value.
Keeping up with roofing trends can be difficult as they constantly evolve. To make your time picking the right roof trend to adopt for your home design, we have compiled a summary of the five most promising roof trends to consider in 2023.
1. Contrasting ColorsContrasting colors is an excellent choice for the roof if you prefer a minimalist home design. It works like this; if the outer walls of your home are light-colored, the roof should be darker-looking. This allows the roof design to stand out more from the rest of the house. While this trend isn’t new, it has been making a noteworthy comeback over the last couple of years. Many early 2000s homes with monochromatic colors are currently switching to contrasting colors, with blueish and reddish hues being favorites.
2. Metal RoofingThe metal roofing trend has become popular lately because metal roofs excel at both aesthetics and functionality. Metal roofing is a superb choice if you want a roof that will add glamor to your home while lasting for a long time in 2023. The availability of numerous metal roofing styles will make it easy for you to customize your home design.
Metal roofing also has a negligible annual maintenance cost. Keep in mind that these benefits come at a premium purchase cost compared to other roofing options
3. Green RoofingAs the name suggests, green roofing involves adding greenery to your roof. It’s a pretty new roofing concept that’s gaining traction among homeowners who wish to make their homes more environmentally friendly. The most popular plants for green roofing are short grasses, sedums, meadow saxifrage, birdsfoot trefoil, moss, and yarrow.
Green roofing will set your home apart and help it stay cool, lowering your energy bills in summer. You can also opt to utilize your roof as a relaxing space.
4. Cool RoofingAlso referred to as white roofing, cool roofing is a newer trend that will likely stick around for a long time. Cool roofing allows the house to stay cooler during summer, reducing the need to use air conditioning in summer and saving on energy bills. It involves using heat-resistant materials and reflective paint.
5. Solar RoofingPeople have been putting solar panels on roofs for decades. What’s new now is that homeowners are choosing to use solar panels as the roofing for their entire houses. While solar panels of yesteryears made roofs ugly, numerous startups are now developing aesthetically pleasing solar panels for roofs.
Recent technological advancements have made solar panels more cost-effective and energy-efficient. It will now cost you significantly less money to install solar roofing than a decade ago, and you will generate more energy. You can use the power generated by your solar roof in your home and sell the extra energy to your local grid for some extra income.
Feel free to research other roofing trends that might fit your home design goals better. No matter the roofing trend you choose to adopt in 2023, hiring a professional roofer to help you make your vision come true is vital. For additional insights on making your roof stylish for the future, contact Rays Harford Home Improvement Contractors Inc. Give us a call today for a free roofing consultation and free estimates.